Why Law @ SEU
Department of Law & Justice is widely regarded as one of the top law schools in Bangladesh and is a leading centre for legal research and teaching. Many of the faculties in the school are nationally and internationally recognized in their fields and are active scholars and researchers. With around 21 full-time faculties, 35 part time faculties and a student population of about 1600 of both Undergraduate and Postgraduate study, the Department of Law and Justice is a dynamic place for research, teaching and learning. Our graduates are much sought after by employers and retain strong affection for the Department and the University. We are confident that you will enjoy studying law and experiencing university life in true sense here and we look forward to welcoming you to the department.
Following are some of the distinct features of the Law & Justice Department of Southeast University:
• The Department has a very good mix of qualified and experienced faculties trained at home and abroad.
• Class rooms are equipped with all modern equipment and teaching aids.
• Wide choice of co-curricular activities.
• Stipend, grants for the poor and meritorious students. Affordable fees, support for wards of freedom fighters and students of remote areas.
• Tuition fee waiver starting with CGPA 4.0 in HSC (excluding 4th subject) and based on semester results.
• 25% tuition waiver for sibling/spouse.
• Modern web-based central library and department-wise seminar library.
• Free medical advice and personal accident insurance coverage for students.
• Access to Computer Lab with internet facility.
• Linkage with reputed local and international educational institutions to pursue higher studies through the certification from SEU.
• A capable and strong team for maintaining students' discipline and academic environment.
• Dynamic and philanthropic Board of Trustees.
• Career counseling and placement facilities.
• Wi-Fi networked campus.
• Hostel facility for female students.
• Well-Designed syllabus approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) as well as by the Bangladesh Bar Council.
• One of the Largest Law Departments in Bangladesh with 1600 students studying in different programs
• Highly qualified full-time and part-time faculty members having practical experience in their respective fields.
• Experienced and skilled office support staffs.
• Well-structured examination system
• Firm stand against unfair means in the examination.
• Politics free congenial atmosphere in the campus area.
• High level disciplinary committee headed by a Proctor to oversee the maintenance of code of conduct in and around the campus.
• Moot court Room, Moot Court Club facilitating the students to have practical lesson on law. Co-curricular and extra- curricular activities like seminars, court visit, moot-court competition, study-tour, picnic, indoor and outdoor games, cultural programs etc on regular basis.
• Good rapport with concerned professional bodies.
• Priority given to the graduates of SEU in job placement as well as in enrollment as legal practitioners.