Facilities Provided by the Department
1. Library: provides online quality service to help students in meeting their optimum demand of learning and conducting research.
2. Computer Lab: provides an adequate number of PCs and all-time internet facility.
3. Healthcare center: provides primary health care services by a well-trained medical officer to ensure your safety.
4. Accommodation: provides hostel facilities for female students with home environment. There are eight hostels adjacent to the campus. SEU ensures clean, spacious, safe and healthy environment for the students in the hostel.
5. Canteen: provides an opportunity to taste new dishes, eat till you drop, or meet your friends around the table.
6. Voluntary Tutorial Service: provides academic help for comparatively weak students by the bright and experienced senior students.
§ Students of the Department of English are privileged to enjoy different co-curricular activities through different clubs and events: Debate Club, Games & Sports Club, Language Club, Cultural Club, Movie Club, ‘Adda in English’, Wall Magazine, Spelling Bee contests etc. Most of these clubs are moderated by the English faculty members.
§ Department of English arranges regular excursions and study tours to archeological and historical sites in different parts of Bangladesh and overseas to make the students have access to a large area of communication and also to have a greater cultural understanding to prepare themselves as modern human beings.
§ The department organizes seminars and workshops for professional development on regular basis. This endeavor inspires the students to keep themselves updated with the latest ideas and knowledge.
§ ‘Adda in English’ is special platform for the shy and introvert students, where they can enhance their English conversation and communication skills. Students can brush up their listening and speaking skill through open-minded conversation on different social and international issues among themselves.