1. To provide students the most up to date knowledge of the concepts and theories of economics that will help them to become potential economists.
2. To develop analytical skills of students so that they can analyze economic and development issues and problems that will help policy making.
3. To equip students with most advanced methods and research tools to enable them to conduct quality research covering a wide range of economic issues and problems in both private and public sectors.
4. To inculcate high standards of social, ethical and moral values among students.
5. To serve as a center of resource.